Thursday, January 7, 2010

Looking Back.............and living in the moment............

I bartend at a little place in town and Wednesday night my husband runs karaoke there. Last night was a great night. We had a lot of good singers. Those that weren't singing well they still enjoyed there friends and the music. I was having so much fun I almost forgot to call, "Last Call".

Howard is an older man of an undetermined age. If I had to guess I would say he is in his late 70's. He had been quietly observing the last round of pot shots and put downs as my husband warned his friends not to flirt with me to much after he had gone. Howard looked at me and said, "You'll look back at these times as the best days of your life."

You know what, I already do. Each day is a gift and if you really live in the moment every day is the best day of your life. Thank you for reminding me, Howard.

No comments:

Post a Comment